Types of Life Insurance
There are several life insurance policies that you can choose from. If you’re worried about budget, it’s time that you stop doing so. Life insurance policies differ in coverage as well as price. There is a life insurance policy that may just suit your needs and budget. Some of these policies include:
- Term life insurance. You get insurance for a specified period. There are different forms of term life insurance including level term life insurance, annual renewable term life insurance, return of premium life insurance, mortgage life insurance, and credit life insurance.
- Whole life insurance. This is a type of insurance where practically everything is covered. These include universal life insurance, variable universal life insurance, child life insurance, survivorship life insurance, and pre-need life insurance.
- Others. These cover anything and is more specific. These include key man life insurance, group life insurance, accidental death dismemberment life insurance, guaranteed issue life insurance, and simplified issue life insurance.
Getting an Insurance Policy in South Carolina
Now that you know the types of insurance policies out there, it’s time for you to know the important facts of getting an insurance policy in the state of South Carolina.
Unlike other states, the life insurance in South Carolina is typically expensive. The low life expectancy of the people of South Carolina can be accounted for this. A low life expectancy means that the insurance company will have to provide and settle the insurance claims made every year. In order for them to make a profit, the insurance premiums are typically higher.What you can do is to shop around for life insurance policies in the state. Get life insurance quotes from different providers so you have something to compare. Once you have chosen an insurance policy but changed your mind in availing of it, you are protected by the free look provision. This provision states that policy holders can cancel their policies at any time when they feel it is unfavorable, provided that they do this within the first ten pays after purchasing the life insurance policy.
Another policy that can protect you is the Death Benefit provision. This provision states that you beneficiaries will enjoy smooth death benefits payment as long as the documents needed are all done and provided for within a period of 60 days after the claim is filed.
However, applicants need to be careful as well because the companies are also protected by the state code. Companies are given the right to cancel or terminate policies purchased when discrepancies are found regarding any information that the client provided.
Where to Start Getting Quotes?
When you’re living in the state of South Carolina, you can begin looking for quotes to compare in these two ways:
- The most popular cities in the state, such as Charleston, Rock Hill, and Greenville. Provided that you live in this area, your premiums will be more acceptable and affordable. However, it is always a good idea to get quotes from popular cities so you have a baseline to compare.
- The most popular insurance companies include AGLA, US Insurance Net, Net Quote, Life Insurance, and Generation Life Insurance.
Insurance by Companies in South Carolina
Get to know what the different big time companies have in store for you in the state of South Carolina. You might just find the right policy for you.
- AGLA. The American General Life and Accident Insurance is a known company in South Carolina. Their life insurance policies can help you protect yourself and your loved ones while you are still alive or when you’ve passed away. Their insurances also assure you of continued payouts for your family.
- US Insurance Net. It provides insurance for as low as $9/month, a very competitive price in South Carolina. Those interested can easily and quickly get quotes to compare. You can also enjoy greater savings from their life insurance policies.
- Net Quote. This company offers low cost insurance policies in the state of South Carolina. Coverage is made affordable and easy. No medical exam is needed in order for the consumer to secure an insurance. The insurance can also be bought online.
- Life Insurance. This company makes comparison of quotes a lot easier for you because quotes provided have already been compared with over 40 companies so you get the most cost-effective rates. They also have a great agent and team to work with you, making the process easier.
- Generation Life Insurance. Applicants can quickly qualify by only answering a few questions. Rates are affordable with coverage that fit your needs. No medical is needed for coverage up to $250,000. You will also get to speak with a licensed agent to help you out.