Benefits of Getting a Life InsuranceBefore getting a life insurance, first you have to know the benefits that you can get when you purchase one, aside from finally getting rid of those annoying insurance agents that are often times our friends or relatives. Always keep in mind that the monthly premium that you will pay in the next couple of years will all be given back to your beneficiaries when you are already six feet below. Here are some of the benefits that they could get:
- It will provide income to your family while they are still adjusting. It will lessen the burdens that they are already experiencing. It will also help them have sustainable income while they are still reconciling from their grief and while they are still finding another source of income.
- Aside from providing temporary income for the surviving family members, it can also provide funds to achieve some specific goals that you have planned for your family. It could be for your children’s college education, purchasing a house or a capital in starting a business. A part of the death benefit can be set aside to fund these goals.
- Insurance will cover all medical and funeral expenses. Having terminal illness can easily go up to several thousands of dollars and the funeral can also cost as much. When you have a life insurance, all these final expenses will be taken care of.
- There are still debts and taxes that are needed to be settled after your death. These debts could cause major headaches to your surviving family. Before your heirs inherit any property or asset, they still have to pay property and inheritance taxes. The benefits from the life insurance can provide the amount needed to settle these obligations. It will help prevent the heirs from selling some or even most of these assets to pay the taxes and other obligations. If these obligations are not settled in due time, penalties will be give and worse, it could lead to forfeit of ownership.
Types of Life insurance
There are two types of insurance; choose the type of insurance that you think could benefit you the most.
- Term Life Insurance. This plan is the best to choose if you want a more affordable life insurance premium. This policy covers you in a certain period of time or term that you and the insurer have agreed upon. This is affordable because you only have to pay premiums from 5 to 25 years.
- Whole Life Insurance. In this type of insurance, you have to pay the premium as long as you live. It can also be a way to invest your money for the benefit of your family.
You must always keep these things in mind for you to get the insurance that you think could benefit you and your family the most. You must also get the right agent that can help you choose the company that can provide you with a policy that can meet all your needs. Choosing the right insurance company in Oregon and the right insurance policy can give you financial security for your family.