Life insurance is something important that you need to consider especially if you are the main provider of your family or you have people depending on you. Some people are not ready to talk or even think about the possibility of death. However, this is something that is inevitable and will eventually happen to everyone. When this time comes, what would happen to the loved ones you left behind? They will not only have emotional burden because of your loss but they will also have to face financial challenges since you are no longer there to provide for them. If you have life insurance, your beneficiaries will continue to live a comfortable life, as well as pay for any debts that you have. If you are living alone or you do not have dependents, it may be fine not get one. If not, purchasing a policy is a good decision to make for the sake of your family. How much to pay for life insurance depends on several factors.
Types of Life Insurance
There are two main types of life insurance. They are whole life and term insurance. Whole life is insurance that you would pay for the rest of your life, while term insurance would last depending on the number of years that you would like it to last. Term insurance can last for 1, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 or 30 years. These two types of insurance have their own pros and cons.
- Term insurance is cheaper than whole life insurance. Since the rate is much lower on this type of insurance, several people choose this, especially those that cannot afford the price of whole life insurance.
- Term insurance has limited coverage. For instance, if you get a 5 year term insurance, you would pay for a fix monthly rate for its duration. If you die while the insurance is still active, then your beneficiaries will get the compensation. If you survived those 5 years, the insurance will expire and you will not receive anything from the insurance provider. On the other hand, as long as you are paying your whole life insurance premium, you will always be covered.
- Whole life insurance has cash value. Aside from unlimited coverage, this is also another reason why it costs higher than term life insurance. This cash value serves like an investment. This can be cashed out once it reached its maturity period at no additional cost. If you badly need the money and it has not reached its maturity, you may still withdraw the cash value, though there will be corresponding charges.
Factors to Consider in Choosing Life Insurance
A specific life insurance may be good for one person but nor for the other. As mentioned, there are several factors that you need to consider to determine how much you should spend for your life insurance.
- Income Replacement. If you are the only provider in your family, the compensation that they will get should match 100% or even more of your current income. This is to make sure that they will continue to meet their financial needs even when you are no longer around. If there is another provider in your family, say for instance your spouse; it does not have to match 100% of your income. It could be at least 50% if this is the case.
- Debts and Mortgages. If you die the companies and people you owe money to would not be able to collect from you. But the burden will be passed to your family. You want them to live a comfortable life and not live miserably because of your unpaid debts. This is why debts and mortgages must also be considered when estimating the amount you need for your life insurance.
- Education. If you have children, their education must be one of the most important things for you. The life insurance benefits must also be able to cover this so that you can be assured that your kids will finish their studies no matter what.
- Funeral and Burial Expenses. If you want to make sure that everything will be covered you may also include these expenses added when determining the amount of insurance that you should pay for. This usually ranges from $10,000 to $20,000.
Invest on the future of your family achat pilule viagra. Request for a free life insurance quote now.
Getting a life insurance will give you peace of mind knowing that your loved ones will have a better life long after you’re gone. Shop and compare life insurance to get the best deal. To help determine the ideal life insurance rate for your specific situation, sign up today and get a free quote. Depending on your needs, you will find an insurance that would work perfect on you and will provide security to your family in time of your demise.