Global TrendWith globalization of many industries everywhere, insurance companies are no exception. Most insurance agencies operate not only in its country of origin but have expanded their domain as well in cities and states outside their region. For example, Canadian based Sun Life, which is based in Toronto, Canada has been operating worldwide for many years now since it was founded in the 1800s. With its wide expansion in many countries and key cities all over the world, this company is said to have set the global trend among other insurance agencies. People therefore now enjoy a wide range of options as far as their insurance requirements are concerned. It is just a matter of exercising prudent decision on which group one must entrust his life protection and coverage.
Top 10 Whole Life Insurance Companies (Globally)
It is not an easy task to rank and classify various whole life insurance companies. This is because each agency has its distinction, which is unique on its own. Nonetheless, here are top whole life insurance companies that have made an outstanding mark in the industry in the global scene with their total assets as primary consideration.
- Japan Post Insurance. Based in Japan, this company is nearing its trillion U.S. dollar total assets as of the second quarter of 2011. Its market caps are not indicated but its assets are expected to grow more as economy in the Asian climate is facing good projections.
- AXA of France. This insurance group is one of the biggest in Europe and enjoys a total asset of 945.571 billion U.S. dollars as of March 2011 and boasts of a market cap of 39.017 billion U.S. dollars by March 31, 2012.
- Allianz in Germany. It might be surprising, but Germany is also one of the frontrunners in the insurance business. Its assets is indicated to have reached 830.804 billion U.S. dollars while its market cap as of March 31, 2012 is now 54.245 US$ billion.
- MetLife in the U.S. Not to be outdone by insurance companies in Asia and Europe, MetLife, which is based in the United States, enjoys its US$799.625 billion total assets as of 2011 and US$39.719 billion market cap as of 2012.
- Nippon Life Insurance Company. This is another top company in Japan that has accumulated US$649.402 billion total assets which is indicative of its strength in the global insurance market.
- Prudential Financial. Another US based agency, Prudential Financial is very much alive with its US$624.521 billion total assets and US$29 billion market cap in 2011 and 2012 respectively.
- Zenkyoren (JA-Kyosairen) in Japan. If the success of insurance companies is an indication that Japan enjoys a tiger economy, then this impression must be true as Zenkyoren is another top insurer in the list with total assets of US$581.492 billion in mid 2011.
- American International Group (AIG). Side by side with Japan, the US is likewise a huge pioneer in providing insurance services. AIG marked its total assets of US$555.773 billion and US$58.480 billion market cap in two successive years back in 2011 and 2012.
- Generali of Italy. Generali has been recorded to have total assets of US$547.924 billion and market cap of US$24.132 in the past two years, placing it among the other top contenders in the industry.
- Legal & General. Another UK based insurance group, Legal & General has an estimated US$507.935 billion total assets and US$11,933 billion market cap in 2011 and 2012 successively. It is predicted to soar even higher in the next years to come as more Europeans are becoming more aware of the benefits of insurance protection.
There are no clear-cut matrices in comparing one insurance agency with another. The general atmosphere that defines the performance and quality of services rendered by a whole life insurance company is relative on the various conditions and requirements of individuals. These top 10 whole life insurance companies that are enumerated here are indeed among the best when their assets and market performance are considered. However it must not be forgotten too that there are other companies out there, which may be smaller but are just equally excellent.